- Product Managers: Vision, Instinct & Obsession - Hemal Kuntawala talks about his experience as a product manager and what disciplines a good product manager should know inside and out.
- Horizon Scanning and Product Management - Matt Anderson discusses a helpful technique for product managers to analyze what features would mean the most given different future scenarios.
- 12 Things Product Managers Should Do in Their First 30 Days at a New Company -Product partner at Google Ventures, Ken Norton, lists 12 things you must do whether you’re joining a new company or taking on a new project in order to set yourself up for success.
- The Most Abused Question When Building New Products - A good read by Saeed Khan that discusses a question that is asked too often and how it can kill a product.
- Just When You Thought It Was Safe to go Back to the Theater: A Product Management Lesson … – Christopher Cummings discusses how a company called RiffTrax is revamping the movie theater experience and how product management plays an important role.
- Creating New Value - Neal Cabage talks about the fundamental reason why some products fall flat, and what you can do to address this problem in his most recent blog post.
We’re back with a brand new comic for Product Management teams! We hope you enjoy it!
Episode 4: “Can We Add a Few Features?”
- Blockbuster’s Not Dead Yet: Lessons for Product Managers – Remember Blockbuster? Dr. Jim Anderson talks about the lesson learned for product managers that’s found in the video rental store’s story.
- The Ethics of the Data we Collect - We collect data to make our products better, but what do your users think about it? Teresa Torres discusses this in her latest blog post.
- Product Managers Trading in Land Mines for Gold Mines – Derek Morrison asks you whether your product is built on a gold mine or a land mine.
- A Single Set of Priorities – How do you keep your team focused? Steve Johnson explains why you need a single set of priorities.
- Mapping the Duties of the Product Manager and Product Owner – John Peltier breaks down the duties of product managers and product owners in this helpful blog post.