- Website Product Management – Roger Cauvin’s latest blog post explains what website product management is and features an interview with author David Hobbs. The author shares his insight on website product management and how it differs from product management in general.
- 20 Questions Product Managers Should Ask About Mobile App Testing – What kinds of questions are you asking your product management team when you test a mobile app? Take a look through Matt Anderson’s list of 20 questions that you should be asking your team.
- Keeping PMs and Designers on the Same Page – Stewart McCoy tells you how to keep your Product Managers and Designers on the same page in this helpful blog post.
October 6, 2014 By
September 23, 2014 By
- The Elephant and the Product Management Rider – In this blog post, Prabhakar Gopalan provides an in depth summary of his talk on How to be a Craftsman Product Manager.
- The UX Responsibilities of a Product Manager: Part 1 – Gary Schroeder explains how to achieve product/market fit and where UX comes into play. You can then read Part 2 to learn about the specific UX responsibilities a Product Manager has when creating new products.
- 2 Questions to Nail Your Product’s Initial Price – How do you figure out where to price your product? Rob Johnson fills you in on two simple questions you need to ask your potential customers first to find out if a new product has a market and how much that market is worth.
September 17, 2014 By
- How Product Managers Can Master the Art of Conversation – Communicating effectively is key for product managers. Dr. Jim Anderson lists the 5 things to do in order for a product manager to have effective conversations.
- Know Who You Are Building For And Why – Teresa Torres explains the importance of identifying which specific customer segment you’re building a product for and why you’re building that product for them.
- Don’t Let Other Departments Hide Their Headcount in Your Budget – Have you ever wondered how large your product management team should be? Steve Johnson answers that question for you in his latest blog post.
September 2, 2014 By
- 5 Things to Do in Your First Week With a New Product – Stepping in to take over an existing product? Rich Mironov lists five things you should do within the first week – and month – of working with a new product to make sure you find your feet quickly.
- Never Ask What They Want — 3 Better Questions to Ask in User Interviews – Charles Liu explains why you shouldn’t ask what users want in user interviews… and what to ask instead for a helpful user interview.
- 5 Ways to Recognize a Great Product Manager – What traits make a great product manager? Ellen Gottesdiener shares the five traits seen in successful product managers.
August 26, 2014 By
- 4 Tips on Hiring Great Product Managers – Eran Aloni shares 4 tactical lessons that can help you make a better hiring decision when interviewing product managers in this helpful post.
- Change Management and Product Management – Jock Busuttll recaps July’s ProductTank London and shares the insights and lessons learned on both change management and product management.
- He Said, She Said: How Can Product Management and UX Work Together – Read through this interesting conversation between Saeed Khan and Heather Searl on their thoughts about the roles of Product Management and User Experience in relation to each other and the rest of the organization.